Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Saturday 3rd October - 2 DJ gigs

I have been asked to DJ for at two club nights on Saturday 3rd October:

1) Chinese Night @ The Raindance Film Festival Cafe (underneath the record shop Phonica, 51 Poland St Soho). I will be playing from 7 till 8pm, warming up for Chinese electro band New Pants (fronted by the director of The Panda Candy Peng Lei). You may remember that I played the track Golden Idol by New Pants on my Resonance FM show. Hear more New Pants: myspace.com/beijingnewpants
Peng Lei is also an artist ans toy shop owner, there's an interesting interview with him at Wallpaper magazine.

2) Vinyl Pleasures at The Foundry (86 Great Eastern Street, near Old St). I'm on 9-10pm playing a selection of vintage vinyl. It's a pub do so music finishes at 11. There will be a camera set up on the decks and screens aroudn the place so you can see the discs spinning as I play them.

Both events are FREE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the New Pants link, I REALLY enjoyed their very unique, interesting & danceable music.

Lucky Cat - opening minds and ears!