Thursday, May 24, 2007

Steamed Chicken

I'm trying to be a bit healthy at the moment so the other night I tried steaming a chicken instead of roasting it. The result was delicious. I bought a smallish chicken and placed it breast down in a steamer. I filled the pan below with 5cm of water and threw in some star anise and jasmine tea. 2 hours of simmering later the chicken was ready. It didn't look too appealing but the meat fell off the bone and was moist and flavoursome. I served it with a Ken Hom recipe dip:
  • 2 spring onions chopped finely
  • 1 2cm lump of ginger chopped finely
  • 1 tea spoon salt
  • 1 table spoon soya sauce
  • 2 tablespoons of heated groundnut oil
Mix all the ingredients then heat the oil in a wok until smouldering then pour over (make sure to use a heat proof bowl).
Serve with the steamed chicken, rice and steamed vegetables.

No comments: