Packets of Asian brand noodles can make for a tasty and cheap meal and you'll feel less like a student if you add some fresh ingredients.
- One packet seafood flavour noodles
- Handful of beansprouts
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Handful of tiny, dried baby anchovies
- 1 egg
- 2 Finely chopped muschrooms
- 1 finely chopped spring onion or small leek
- 1 clove of garlic cut into slices
First boil the egg for 8 minutes (nearly hard boiled but still a bit of a squidgey yolk). Set aside. Stir fry the baby anchovies, chopped mushrooms and spring onion for 2 mins then add the garlic slices. When nicely browned and fragrant remove from heat. Follow the instructions on the noodle packet to cook noodles. When done and in a bowl peel the egg and slice in half, place on top of noodles. Scatter the fried ingredients over the egg and noodles, then the beansprouts then the coriander. Add a wedge of lime if you want to get really sophisticated. Tuck in.