Friday, October 14, 2011

I ♥ Hong Kong

Today's show will mostly be about my 3 days in Hong Kong earlier this year.
Here are a few reasons why I loved it so much:


Tony Leung was at the airport to meet me when I arrived (kind of).



The food is soooooooo good. Here's the meal I had at the Islam Food Centre. The veal dumplings were truly divine. Thanks to Phil and Alice for taking me and quick mention for Mango Vine where I saw a post about the restaurant which aroused my interest.


The stunning view after travelling up the hill on the peak tram. Pretending I was in Love is a many Splendoured Thing and trying to trek around to walk off the 2 dinners I had the night before:


Dinner # 1: Nyona style Malaysian chicken curry with roti and greens @ Asia Family, Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay.


Dinner # 2 @ Yung Kee Restaurant, the classic Roast Pork on Rice




It's not all hustle and bustle, I took some time to chill out on Lama island (birthplace of Chow Yun Fat and hippy idyll):


My last meal in HK was dim sum at the airport. Airport food - yeah I know, what you're thinking. But this is Hong Kong! The bar is set a lot higher, the food was pretty damn good. Check out these cute hedgehog shaped dim sum, yum yum:


One of the best things about my stay in Hong Kong was going to Paul Au's incredible 2nd hand vinyl record shop in Sham Shui Po. I will save my photos for a new post, coming right up....

Tune in to today's show for all my HK memories and vinyl delights.
UK time 3.30pm Resonance 104.4FM in London or via www.resonancefm.com anywhere. Podcast to follow.

2 comments:

redfox said...

lol I like how Tony was at the airport to meet you

Lucky Cat said...

Yes it was kind of Tony to show up. Nicholas Tse couldn't be bothered!