Monday, October 24, 2011

Lucky Cat S6 Ep2 (22nd Oct 2011) Playlist & Podcast



For Episode 2 of Series 6 I am joined by actress Lucy Sheen to talk about her career and upcoming project In The Mirror which also features solo performances by Anna Chen and Veronica Needa.
To book tickets please go to: The New Diorama Theatre web site




  • China Night - Mary Leung (Hotel Miramar Hong Kong commemorative 7" picture disc, bought in Paul Au's shop)
  • Autumn Wind - Zhou Xuan (Pathe 100 CD)
  • Always Together - Stephen Cheng (Sunshine label reissue 7" 45)
  • Soon You'll Be Gone - The Blues Busters (Sunshine label reissue 7" 45)
  • Nursery rhymes - by Shanghai children (from the CD Sounds of Shanghai by China Record Company)
  • Sans blouse et sans pantalons - Fonseca et ses anges noir (7" 45 EP Pathe label)

I finally own the only original Rocksteady Reggae tune sung in Cantonese recorded in Jamaica. OK so it's not original vinyl (this record is very rare and £300 + I think). Reissue is good enough for me - I've still been waiting 7 years to see one of these up for sale! I think this was originally a Taiwanese folk song, The Girls of Ali San, here's the lovely Carrie Koo Mei singing it:

Apparently Francis Yip does a version too - if anyone has on mp3 I'd love a copy. Please email me luckycatzoe at gmail.com
Thank you.

No comments: