Thursday, November 17, 2011

Paul Au's Vietnamese 45s

When I interviewed Paul Au at his record shop in Hong Kong I found out that he was originally from Vietnam. Paul was one of the many refugees who fled Vietnam for Hong Kong during the war in the 1970s. Paul had already been collecting records in Vietnam but had to leave them all when he left for Hong Kong. Over the years he has managed to collect all the records back again. These were not for sale but Paul was keen for me to take photos of the 45s to share online.
This Saturday crate digger, journalist, and music compiler Chris Menist (Soundway, Finders Keepers) will join me on Lucky Cat radio show. Chris is currently preparing a compilation on Vietnamese music for Dust to Digital and I hope he will bring some Vietnamese music to play on the show.
For now, here are Paul Au's recollected Vietnamese vinyl treasures:






No comments: